Local Veterans Assistance Program (LVAP)
Volunteers are vital to our organization’s success and help us fulfill our promise to injured veterans. In 2007, the DAV implemented the Local Veterans Assistance Program (LVAP) to energize our support for the men and women who served. This program encourages volunteer turnout to ensure veterans and their families receive the care they need.
How Can I Get Involved?
From fundraising to direct assistance, there are many ways to volunteer with LVAP and support the veterans in your community! LVAP volunteers often participate in many of the following activities:
- Direct assistance to Veterans and/or dependents (health and welfare checks, home repairs, shopping, telephonic counseling, etc. Includes use of POV)
- Chapter Service Officer Work
- Department Service Officer Work
- DAV Outreach (DAV Specific Outreach, National Guard Mobilization/Demobilization, Homeless Stand Downs) includes Planning
- Fundraising (Forget-Me-Not, Sweepstakes, Golden Corral, etc.)
- DAV 5K (National Series 5K events only)
- DAV/DAVA Special Events (state fair, homeless stand downs, etc.) includes event planning
The LVAP generates analytical reports on all volunteer work for the DAV Department of Maryland. This data is essential to help the DAV Department of Maryland identify where they need more resources and support.